Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists). {1}

He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). {2}

Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous. {3}

Who has taught (the writing) by the pen. {4}

He has taught man that which he knew not. {5}

Nay! Verily, man does transgress (in disbelief and evil deed). {6}

Because he considers himself self-sufficient. {7}

Surely, unto your Lord is the return. {8}

Have you (O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) seen him (i.e. Abû Jahl) who prevents {9}

A slave (Muhammad (peace be upon him)) when he prays? {10}

Tell me if he (Muhammad (peace be upon him)) is on the guidance (of Allâh)? {11}

Or enjoins piety? {12}

Tell me if he (Abû Jahl) denies (the truth, i.e. this Qur'ân), and turns away! {13}

Knows he not that Allâh does see (what he does)? {14}

Nay! If he (Abû Jahl) ceases not, we will catch him by the forelock – {15}

A lying, sinful forelock! {16}

Then, let him call upon his council (of helpers). {17}

We will call out the guards of Hell (to deal with him)! {18}

Nay! (O Muhammad (peace be upon him))! Do not obey him (Abû Jahl). Fall prostrate and draw near to Allâh! {19}

Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists). {1}

Surah al-`Alaq is a Mekkan Surah (Surah 96; revelation 1) and is also known as, Surat Iqra (Read). Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allaah have mercy on him, said about it, “It and its likes are from the Chapters (Surah) that have miracles in them, and that it because of what came in it from the foundations for the great message (Islaam); and you are not able to fulfill its rights because of weakness and failure.”

The first five Ayaat from it are truly as Ash-Shinqeetee said in that, “It is the beginning of revelation and because of that great care was taken by the Explainers ([I]Mufassireen of the Qur’an) and others.”

Indeed the best sciences that the Qur’an advocates acquiring is the sciences of the religion, because it calls mankind to the path of their happiness in the two lives. Therefore, the first word that came down from Him, ta`alaa, were, “Read!” In, As-Saheehain, and the .... here is for Al-Bukhari, and other [Hadeethcompilers], narrated from `Aa’isha, the Mother of the Believers,

[The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allaah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira’ where he used to worship (Allaah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadeejah to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.”

[The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allaah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely… (to the end of the Hadeeth). Bukhari[3212¡ 4670¡ 4672 - 4674¡ 6581].
[So His statement, ta`alaa, Read!” Informed him (the Prophet) about the highest ways to come closer to Him (Allaah), and it by [acquiring] knowledge. And, Read! as an awakening [for one] to continuously use it (reading) as a means to reaching the highest level of happiness.”

[Also in the Surah the importance of reading is emphasized by the declaration of the necessity of mankind to carry on reading throughout their life. Next, He mentions the pen, giving it its place and the importance of preserving knowledge and conveying it. The `[I]Allaamah (Great Scholar) As-Sanoosee, may Allaah have mercy on him, said while conveying words from some of the Shuyookh (pl. for Shaykh), as has been written in, Mukmal Ikmaal al-Ikmaal Bi Sharh Saheeh Muslim (1/470),

[The aim of the Surah, and Allaah knows best, is informing the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, that Allaah, ta`alaa, chose him by making him first, to be a part of mankind and [second] favored him over the favored ones from his (Adam’s) progeny and others; he distinguished him with knowledge from the sciences and knowledge that is needed to become nearer to Allaah (with regards to Taqwaa); and He created him for the last of his slaves; He also reassured him regarding what worried him about his enemies. It was said to him in the beginning [of the Surah], Read![” demonstrating the highest way of becoming close [to Allaah]—knowledge. Allaah informed him in the end of the Surah about the result of knowledge, that is, knowledge that brings them closer to Him, jalla wa `alaa. So it was said to him, ‘[/Fall prostrate and draw near to Allâh=...........] the conclusion being, learn and implement.”

Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created… Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous” Allaah, ta`alaa, first addressed his Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, first, then addressed it to everyone. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, was the first to hear this address, and it is urging people to read and [gain] beneficial knowledge, the knowledge that contains His message, `azza wa jall. So, they are ordered with reading His message because He, subhaanahu wa ta`alaa, is more knowledgeable then them and more acquainted with their weakness. He created them from His mercy, azza wa jall, and did not create them in vain. Rather, he directed them to the good of their condition and the correct system to live by; with that He clarifies for them the behavior that is more ideal, sound, righteous, more benefiting, for their existence in the two lives. He did not leave them to their own mindset, opinions and education [because] much of it (their opinions) is what deviates them from knowledge of the truth if left independently without going back to that which He legislated for them and revealed to his Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him.

Saheehain, that Ibn `Umar said, “I heard the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, say, While I was sleeping, I saw that a cup full of milk was brought to me and I drank my fill till I noticed (the milk) its wetness coming out of my nails. Then I gave the remaining milk to 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab.’ The companions of the Prophet asked, “What have you interpreted (about this dream)? O Allaah's Apostle!” He replied, “(It is religious) knowledge.” (Bukhari [6604In another narration, “While I was sleeping I drank – meaning milk – until I saw wetness flowing in my nails – or in my nails – then I passed it on to `Umar. They said, ‘What do you interpret it with?’ He said, ‘Knowledge.’”

[Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allaah have mercy on him, said, “And the existence of Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was an illiterate Prophet; he is from the most complete existences; he would demonstrate the most extraordinary miracles, and would provide the most complete clarifications, to prove that his teachings are greater than any other teaching.”

Al-Fat-h (12/394), “And in it (the Hadeeth) is [the proof] that no one can reach the level of knowledge that the Prophet had, peace and blessings be upon him, in Allaah, because he drank [filled himself with it] until he saw the wetness come out of the end (of his nails). As for him passing it onto `Umar, then, it illustrates the level `Umar achieved as far as knowledge in Allaah, wherein the [/color] Allaah [‘s commandments].”

[He continued by saying, “And it (the Hadeeth) proves that dreams point out the past and the future.” He said, “And that interprets the time before, for indeed this dream of his is representing an order that has come down, because that which was given to him from knowledge has already come to him, and as such it was also given to `Umar, so the benefit of this dream was knowing the value of connecting what was given to him of knowledge, with what was given to `Umar.”

Indeed this Hadeeth clarifies the virtue of knowledge and scholars, that knowledge resembles milk, and that the one who takes knowledge is the same as one drinking milk, and that is because their forms similar to [each other] with regards to the benefit that it is in them; in them are the means of goodness, for milk, nourishment of the body, and knowledge is nourishment of one’s intellect and is a means for goodness in this life and the hereafter.

[Al-Karmani in, [I]Al-Kawaakib Ad-Daraaree, (2/63) explains that the virtue of knowledge and scholars is like “The leftover [milk (as in the aforementioned Hadeeth)] of the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, is excellence and nobility, and He has interpreted it with knowledge, so he pointed to the virtue of knowledge and scholars, and that is because the one who took from him (Prophetic guidance) has taken from the leftovers of the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him.”

is not everything; no doubt we should add knowledge to that or else the slave would regress or would stay in the same place.

[The scholars have said, “The ways for mankind are many, except for the one who wanted to follow the tracks of the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him.”
[Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal said, “People are in greater need of knowledge than they are for food and drink, because the man needs food and drink once or twice in the day, but he needs knowledge for a long time.”

[Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Al-`Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy on him, has said the same regarding a conditioned matter for the good action in [I]Jareedat al-Muslimoon number 645, Friday 8/12/1418 H. (pg.4),

[Question, “If a person that cleans himself (after using the bathroom or from something dirty) and knows that he is following a religious way (by doing so), is he the same as the one who cleans because he saw his Father or Mother clean themselves? Which of them are closer to purifying the act of worship? A man who purifies himself because he knew that Allaah ordered cleanliness and that it is the cleanliness of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, and he cleans himself in accordance to the order of Allaah and following the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him? Or the other man who cleans himself because that is customary to him?

[Answer: “No doubt the first one is the one who worships Allaah with insight, so then does this one (the former) and the other (the latter) compare? If each performs the same action, but one is doing it with knowledge and insight seeking the pleasure of Allaah, azza wa jall, and is aware of the Aakhirah (hereafter), and thinks that he is following the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him.

[And I end at that point, and I (Shaykh al-Uthaymeen) ask, do we at the time of Wudoo’ feel that we have acted in accordance with the order of Allaah, subhaanahu wa ta`alaa, in his statement, “[/color]O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salât (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, and rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles…” (Surah al-Maa’idah 6)

[Does the being – at the time of Wudoo’ – remember this Ayah, and then makes Wudoo’ in accordance to the order of Allaah? Does he think that this is the Wudoo’ of the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, and that he is making Wudoo’ following the example of the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him?

[Answer: Yes, the truth is that some of us remember that, and because of that, it is paramount that at the time of performing acts of worship that we be in accordance with the order of Allaah until our sincerity becomes good and that we should be following the Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him.

[We know that of the conditions of Wudoo’ is the intention, but intentions need action and this is what is found in Fiqh; and it needs the intention that is made for it, and then it is upon us to take heed to this great order: and it is to remember when we are performing the actions of worship to be in accordance with the order of Allaah to fix our sincerity, and to remember that the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, did it and we are following him in it, [the reason is] to fix the acts of following [the orders of Allaah], because from the conditions of good actions are,
[Sincerity

[Following (the orders of Allaah and his Messenger)

[With those two, comes the actualization of [B]Lā Ilāha Illa Allāh Muhammadun Rasūlullāh (i.e. the Two Testimonies), peace and blessings be upon him.”

[The objective [wanted] from reading is to acquire beneficial knowledge in order for people to be guided to righteous actions, so no doubt we should seek help from Allaah, ta`alaa, take reading as a companion, and think about the names of Allaah, ta`alaa, and his noble attributes, so that we may see the truth and know the faith so that our belief (I`itiqaad) in Allaah becomes a sound belief as he has clarified and ordered. So there is not a (Islamic) subject except that it has a connection to Allaah, ta`alaa.

[Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allaah have mercy on him, said, “Indeed the first thing that came down to the Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, were the Usool (fundamentals) of the Religion, and they are the intellectual proofs that point to the certainty of the creator and the oneness of Him. The Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, has told the truth, and on the hereafter, regarding it being real and it happening.”

[Ash-Shinqeetee said that His, ta`alaa, statement, “Read! In the Name of your Lord”, means “that, that which you read is from your lord, and to convey it to the people in the name of your lord. Similarly, Surah al-A`araaf presents speech from the Ruler, or as is called, ‘Speech from the Throne’, when the one saying [something] says it in the name of the king, or in the name of the nation, or in the name of his people, according to the form of government, meaning in the name of the authority that from it is the reference for the ordainment and governmental guidelines. Here it is in the name of Allaah, in the name of your lord. Further, the attribute of your lord is here, has proof of the lordship that points the slave to that which Allaah has entrusted to him, from raising (sound `Aqeedah) and care (for ones `Aqeedah), and heedfulness (to keeping a sound `Aqeedah), since the lord does what is good for his slave, and from the fullness of His goodness is that he sends down to him he who would read to them His revelation and informs them about the current life and the hereafter, in addition to addressing pleasure for him.”

[He who has createdHe, subhaanahu, mentioned firstly the creation, so the attribute of the creation it is the closest of the attributes to the meaning of lordship, because it joined the attributes of the knowledge of Allaah, ta`alaa, to His creation, and it is the attribute that they give submission to. Al-Baqaa`ee said, “He started with the creation because it is perceivable with the eye so it is the most connected to understanding, and closest to an idea, and the most proof towards the existence and greatness of His ability, and the fullness of His wisdom, so the beginning of this Surah was [begun] with it (creation), [this Surah] that is the first that came down, making the matter flow, because it is the first obligation to know Allaah and it is with seeing his actions in the utmost clarity.”

[Ibn Taymiyyah said, “Indeed the acknowledgement and knowledge of creation is innate and obligatory in the selves of people, and it may be that some of people reach for himself what corrupts his nature to the point that he will need vision that will reach him after knowledge (of existence), and that is the statement of the majority of the people; he must be a smart viewer, indeed. Sometimes knowledge is reached by [way of] necessity, and sometimes by way of sight, as more than one of the theologians have acknowledged.”
[And he said, “And this Ayah points out that sight is not the first obligation, rather, the first thing that Allaah obligated upon his Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, was, Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created, he did not say look and reason out [/FONT]

Sankoor
2009-02-08, 19:31
Hello
How to spot and after
Thank you, my brother Mohammed on the subject
You all the appreciation and respect
God bless you
The subject of a special wonderful

ÇÈÑÇåíã ÇÈæãæíÓ
2009-02-09, 14:15
Thanks Mabsoot23
The interpretation of Surat Alalq