Wh questions

صفحتنا على الفيس  بوك قناتنا على يوتيوب صفحتنا على تويتر 

المنهاج الفلسطيني لجميع الصفوف  الامتحانات لجميع الصفوف 

النتائج 1 إلى 2 من 2

الموضوع: Wh questions

Question words Question words are also called wh questions because they include the letters 'W' and 'H'. Question words Meaning Examples who person Who's that? That's Nancy. where place Where

تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2013
    المشاركات

افتراضي Wh questions

[hide]Question words Question words are also called wh questions because they include the letters 'W' and 'H'. Question words Meaning Examples who person Who's that? That's Nancy. where place Where do you live? In Boston why reason Why do you sleep early? Because I've got to get up early when time When do you go to work? At 7:00 how manner How do you go? By car what object, idea or action What do you do? I am an engineer which choice Which one do you prefer? The red one. whose possession Whose is this book? It's Alan's. whom object of the verb Whom did you meet? I met the manager. what kind deion What kind of music do you like? I like quiet songs what time time What time did you come home? how many quantity (countable) How many students are there? There are twenty. how much amount, price (uncountable) How much time have we got? Ten minutes how long duration, length How long did you stay in that hotel? For two weeks. how often frequency How often do you go to the gym? Twice a week. how far distance How far is your school? It's one mile far. how old age How old are you? I'm 16. how come reason How come I didn't see at the party? Asking questions 1.If you ask about the subject of the sentence, simply add the question word at the beginning: Example: James writes good poems. — Who writes good pems? 2.If you ask about the predicate of the sentence (the part of a sentence which contains the verb and gives information about the subject), there are three options: • If there is a helping (auxilary) verb that precedes the main verb ( foe example, can, is, are, was, were, will, would...), add the question word and invert the subject and the helping (auxilary) verb. Examples: He can speak Chinese. — What can he speak? They are leaving tonight. — When are they leaving? • If you ask about the predicate and there is no helping (auxilary) verb and the verb is "to be", simply add the question verb and invert the subject and the verb. Example: The play was interesting. — How was the play? • If there is no helping (auxilary) verb in the the predicate and the main verb is not "to be", add the auxilary "do" in the appropriate form. Examples: They go to the movies every Saturday. — Where do they go to the movies? He wakes up early. — When does he wake up? They sent a letter. — What did they send? ________________________________________ Do the exrcises on question words and click on the button to check your answers. (Before doing the exercises you may want to read the lesson on question words) Choose the correct question words 1. do you live? - I live in London. 2. 's that girl? - She's my sister. 3. do you go to school? - By bus. 4. do banks open? - At eight O'clock. 5. are you wearing that coat? - Because it's hot! Write question about the words in bold. Example: He drank juice. - What did he drink? 1. They went to Spain. 2. He writes novels. 3. Lacy likes soccer 4. The girls watched a serial. 5. He discovered the truth.[/hide]

Wh questions

الملفات المرفقةالملفات مرفقة في الاسفل الملفات المرفقة

افتراضي

شكرا جزيلا

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. wh questions for the 12th grade
    بواسطة Imad في المنتدى english section
    مشاركات: 2
    آخر مشاركة: 2016-02-28, 20:19
  2. wh questions video
    بواسطة Imad في المنتدى english section
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 2013-04-20, 14:34
  3. yes, no and wh questions ( video)
    بواسطة Imad في المنتدى دروس وشروحـات الثانويـة العامـة
    مشاركات: 0